Friday, May 20, 2011

More Experiments

I wanted to try out some more styles of animations so while I was on holiday I completed two short animations, one using people and another using a whiteboard and marker pen.



Whiteboard Animation - Dog at the Beach




I think this animation was more successful than the paper animation but still could be improved in many ways.  On holiday, I didn't have a tripod so had to hold the camera and try and use the edge of the whiteboard as a guideline but when put together and animated, it is still very jumpy .  I think I concentrated on the story line rather than the animation itself and I don't think the story of this animation works for a whiteboard experiment.  The figures I drew were very simple but when working with a whiteboard and marker pen, I couldn't really make them very detailed.  This was partly inspired by the "Hitch-Hiker's Choice" animation by "Kristroferstrom" but "Hitch-Hikers Choice" was very imaginative which is what I think my animation is lacking.



Photo Animation



This was a very experimental animation I tried where I asked my brother to jump and I took a picture while he was in mid-air to make it look like he was flying when I put all the images together.  It took quite a long time to get the picture perfect because often I took the picture too late or too early.  Although this is very short and doesn't have a story, I think the style and idea has a good potential to make a good animation and I think the "flying" idea was quite successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment